Thursday, May 22, 2014

night time skincare routine 2014

My routine for the evening has changed product wise compared to last year, but the overall philosophy is the same. At night I like to focus on thoroughly removing my makeup of the day and treating my scarring concerns. I double cleanse in the evening, first with a cleansing oil and then with a lathering cleanser.

DSC_1777

OIL CLEANSER: Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
This is a repeat purchase, I think I have gone through about 3 bottles of these. I like it but I prefer Shu Uemura more. This is a bit thicker than Shu and takes a few rinses to get off. Still, it cleans off makeup well and helps keep my skin hydrated. I've noticed when I skip out using oil cleansers, my skin gets a few rough patches. Never again. The ingredients in the Boscia would appeal more to the natural junkies compared to the Shu since Shu is mostly mineral oil (which I have no aversion to).

SECOND CLEANSER: Ole Henricksen On the Go Cleanser
I have only been using this for 2 weeks or so I don't have a real opinion on it yet. So far it is decent but not the best cleanser I have tried. It has a vitaminy citrus scent and squeezes out as a thick gel. I actually hate the set up of dispensing the product, it is thick so squeezing it out of the nozzle is a pain. It cleans well and doesn't irritate my skin. I think this wouldn't be a good idea for dry skin though, it is ever so slightly stripping.

TONER: Kiehl's Clarity Activating Toner
I'm about done with this and I can say that this is nothing special. There is no noticeable difference in my scarring nor in the healing time of the redness after a blemish makes its way out. It doesn't sting and it doesn't make me break out but it is absolutely not worth the retail $42 USD. I'm glad I got this discounted or else I'd be quite irate with this. Skip it!

FACIAL OIL: Clarins Lotus Oil
I did a review on this HERE. I feel the same way as my review: I'm now a believer in facial oils and their benefits. It has dramatically helped with my sebum production and overall balance of my skin.

MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
It ain't HG for nothing.

For my night time routine, I am only unhappy with my toner choice. Luckily I'm almost finished with it so I can move on to better things. I already picked up its replacement: Peter Thomas Roth Max Correction Pads. I've actually tried these before in the past but I forgot how they fared.

No comments:

Post a Comment