Thursday, February 20, 2014

tag: 30 random things about me

I was tagged by Kar Yi to do the "30 Random Things About Me" post. I debated whether or not I was going to do this as I didn't know if you all would find a post about myself hopelessly boring. Then I remembered my post from almost a year ago where I stated I wanted to inject more of myself into my blog. I didn't do much of that last year! But there is still time for me to rectify this and what better way than to do this tag. Enough blabbing, here are 30 facts about me:

1. I value honesty above all other traits. I can not stand liars and deceivers or shady people. This is most likely the reason behind why I do not keep up with politics.

2. I sucked my thumb until I was 7. I think this has contributed to the crookedness of my teeth and wish it was a habit that never came into fruition.

3. I believe food is one of the greatest joys in life and will try almost anything once. I have always liked most foods and was not a picky eater as a child. My dream job would be a traveling food blogger/critic.


The struggle is real

4. I had very disfiguring, cystic acne when I was about 16 years old. I went on a generic form of Accutane for it which helped immensely. It didn't bother me much when I was going through it (I wasn't depressed or shy about it) but I don't like looking at pictures of myself during that time. I still have the marks of the severe scarring on my face. I don't feel self conscious or uncomfortable talking about it if someone asks or points it out.

5. I have one older sister (whom I live with), 1 younger brother, and 1 younger sister. Hands up to all my middle children out there! Our parents got the hang of that "parenting" thing by the time they had us and we don't get babied. We are clearly the best ;)

 photo DSC_9958_zps52f457ee.jpg

6. I am right handed. Sitting in left handed desks gives me headaches.

source
what nightmares are made of

7. Most of my measurements are US averages. I wear a size 7 shoe and am about 5'4 in height. The good news is a majority of businesses cater to this bracket. The bad news is my size is usually the first to be sold out and never to be found in clearance racks.

8. One of the most attractive qualities of a man to me is a prominent clenched jaw muscle. Oddly sexy.

source
stare all you want, Tom's here all day

9. I despise sappy terms of endearment. Babe, baby, boo, honey, sweetie etc. They all make me cringe. I don't mind "love" though.

10. Hilary Duff was my pre-teen idol. I mimicked her style and attempted her all her hair-dos from Lizzie McGuire, a show that I worshiped. The hair attempts I made always ended disastrously and disappointing since I have unruly, naturally curly hair.

source
team crazy Andie, we all just want to be like Lizzie

11. I am a very direct person so passive aggressiveness really irks me. I find it incredibly immature. Why post a status, tweet, or leave notes when you can just directly communicate what is bothering you with who is involved? Especially if it is someone you are close with. If it is about a stranger, that's a different story.

12. I love pizza. I could easily eat it more than once a week and never get sick of it.

13. I've never gotten a speeding ticket (knock on wood?)

14. I absolutely despise milk as a beverage. Yes, even chocolate milk and the milk dregs of sugary cereal. I have never liked it, even when I was a child. My mother used to force me to drink it because she wanted me to be tall. I'd always have to have a food chaser and hold my breath for each sip. I don't mind when milk is incorporated in recipes to add creaminess but if the overall taste isn't disguised I can't do it. I love lattes though!

 photo IMG_0967_zps10f1b85f.jpg

15. I was a huge reader as a child. My mom took me to the public library every week and I read almost everything in my school library. Anyone remember the Ramona series, How to Eat Fried Worms, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Bunnicula, The Secret Garden, Encyclopedia Brown, The Indian in the Cupboard, Laura Ingalls Wilder books, anything by Roald Dahl, Wayside School series, the Boxcar Children, the Babysitter's Club, Goosebumps, and my favorite story ever, The Rat's of Nimh.

16. I'm a huge Pott Head. But who isn't, really? Shun the non-believers! I read and watch the series a few times a year and never tire of it. My little sister is the only one close to me that is on the same obsessive level with the series as me and will go in great depth to have discussions about various aspects of the series and characters. We always play a game of "would you rather" with the stakes always being Hogwarts being real versus a seemingly desirable option. Ex: Would you rather go to Rome or have Hogwarts be real? Spoiler alert, Hogwarts always wins.

17. I don't care for cake. I think it is a waste of calories and always skip out on it at birthday parties. Unless it is cheesecake or ice cream cake. I find cupcakes to be even more overrated. I do appreciate their aesthetic though!

18. I used to hate Taylor Swift but then one night I had a dream we were the best of friends and spent a really delightful day together. After waking up the next day, I couldn't bring myself to hate her and now actually like her. Weird tricks the mind has.

source
 photo TAY-15_zps70d963db.gif

19. I hate talking on the phone. I rely on facial expressions and body language in communication and the phone completely eliminates that. The only person I talk on the phone with on a regular basis is my mother and boyfriend, both who love talking on the phone. The things I do for the people I love ;)

20. When I was in middle school I used to paint my nails a new color every day to match my outfit. Dedication or just plain crazy? You pick.

21. I had my first kiss when I was 19. I consider that to be an older age than average. I was the girl that was waiting to save her first kiss for someone I had true feelings for. I got impatient as I got older and ended up having a rather disappointing first kiss with someone I didn't even like.

source
Mary Katherine Gallagher and I had so much in common

22. If I saw someone's diary sitting open on a desk and knew I wouldn't get caught reading it, I still wouldn't touch it. I value privacy and trust.

23. I love musicals, in film and Broadway/performance. I haven't seen many but the ones I have I almost always enjoy. Truly beautiful voices/harmonies always give me goosebumps.

24. I don't like sports. I find them utterly boring and not very fun to play. Probably because I am not a competitive person and am not the most coordinated.

(source)
 photo daria_zpsf4bae84f.gif

25. I don't mind driving by myself and am grateful I have the ability but I hate being the driver if others are tagging along. I avoid it and always make someone else be the driver. Funnily enough I don't particularly like public transportation.

26. My idea of a perfect day is spending the whole day boating, swimming, and relaxing in the sun. The smell of freshwater and sun kissed skin is very comforting to me.

27. I have a high spice tolerance. Nothing in restaurants or stores has ever felt truly spicy to me besides the rare few Thai places and Hmong pepper dishes. Sriracha is basically a tastier ketchup to me.

28. When I was little I was extremely frightened by thunderstorms but as an adult I find them beautiful and comforting. Despite this, I wouldn't want to live in a perpetual rainy area. Sunshine is happiness.

29. No animal strikes disgust in me besides the caterpillar. The most vile being the sneaky tiny green ones that hang from trees. I don't know what it is about them since I don't mind worms, centipedes, spiders and any other squiggly unpopular creature. Maybe it is the strange way they move or just the fact they hang from freaking trees, like they think they are acrobats or something. Nice try, squirmy one, acrobat you are not.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

30. I find animals to be hilarious and extremely entertaining on the internet but I would never own any myself. I don't do pets, they are hard to take care of and their overall odor is not something I am willing to tolerate.

Do you feel like you know me now? Am I the only one that thinks this was a very challenging tag? It took me two months to scrounge up semi-interesting facts. I tag anyone reading this, make sure you comment if you do so for me to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment