Friday, December 6, 2013

010 items used up

DSC_0741

My bag of empties felt full but when dumping all the contents out I realized it was just because I had large bottles taking up most of the space :X Still, I finished a few items I'm proud of so let's get to it:

HAIR
DSC_0746

I think the way most non-beauty obsessed people feel about using up their makeup (annoyed about having to go buy more, rather than excited) is how I feel about hair care. I finally used up this huge Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo. I say finally because I didn't care for it one bit. I felt it didn't clean well even when I used an obscene amount. I also used up a Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask which also didn't impress me. It wasn't terrible but I didn't find it intensely hydrating at all. I will just stick to the oil.

BODY
DSC_0747

Two of Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar and Fig lotions made their way out. I didn't realize I go through body lotion so quickly! This scent is ok. My sister had a phase with it and bought a bunch of bottles so I helped her use them up. Sometimes I enjoy the warm scent and other times I feel like it smells like play dough. Strange. I also FINALLY forced myself to use up this Nivea Skin Firming Body Lotion that has been squirreled away in my bathroom cabinet. It wasn't horrible but I prefer body lotions with a lingering scent and this smells like nothing. The moisturizing capabilities were also sub par.

MAKEUP
DSC_0749

Guys I finished two foundations! Can I get a what, what! I enjoyed both of these foundations. I initially did not care for Lancome Teint Idole Ultra at all but after using it up to its completion I can say I enjoyed it. Albeit I NEVER applied it alone, I always had to mix in moisturizer or some Becca Skin Perfector, but in the end I didn't mind mixing because the results were just so darn good and almost exactly what I was looking for in a base. Original review of it HERE and another post of my mixing experiment HERE. As for Koh Gen Do Aqua, I still really like this foundation, so much that I bought another bottle in a darker shade that doesn't even match me right now. It is natural looking and breathable. Only wish its oil controlling was better and that the shade range was better but you can't have everything. Original review HERE.

That's it this round. What have you used up lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment