Wednesday, November 20, 2013

bioderma sebium pore refiner

I am a novice when it comes to primers. I tend to have a lazy/quick approach when it comes to daily makeup if you haven't noticed. I like to be done and ready in a decent amount of time and adding a primer seemed like an extra unneeded step. Terrible deducting skills on my part since primers really can help with longevity of makeup, especially with my oily skin type. My first real experience with primer is with today's topic: Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner.

DSC_0533

I actually don't believe this product is even meant to be a primer. Bioderma describes it as a "correcting concentrate". To me that sounded like a fancy glorified lotion. It is marketed to improve the appearance of the skin by refining texture, making pores less visible, maintaining sebum, and giving a velvet finish. Lots of promises with this little tube.

DSC_0689

My first impression was that the tube was small! You get 30 mL of product which is just shy over 1 oz. I think I am too used to my huge CeraVe lotion bottle as comparison. If I think of it as a primer, the size is around what other primers tend to be. The product squeezes out as a light lotion-like consistency, as you can see in the above picture (Please excuse my parched hands! Note to self, invest in hand lotion). That is around the amount I use all over my problem areas (inner cheeks, nose, forehead, chin...sometimes I smear the residual moisture over my eyelids for good measure). It sinks in very quickly and doesn't feel greasy or heavy. There is a scent but it is very pleasant, almost cucumber/fresh smelling.

BEFORE APPLICATION, BARE FACE
DSC_0678

Hopefully you can see the state my au naturel skin is in: pore galore, shine to share, a little pink. My camera, bless its heart, cancelled out some of the sebum that was shining through on its own. Trust me when I say in person it looked slicker.

AFTER APPLICATION
DSC_0694

Notice a difference? It is huge! Well to me at least. Pores are blurred, oily spots are matte, skin is not as angry with me. The effect is immediate and noticeable. It gives such a great base for makeup application. When I use this my makeup lasts much longer and I am not nearly as oily. I even tried wearing this with Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation (which normally melts off me quickly) and it helped make it stick around for my entire day.

INGREDIENTS:
WATER (AQUA), METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, FOMES OFFICINALIS (MUSHROOM) EXTRACT, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, SALICYLIC ACID, DODECYL GALLATE, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, SILICA, TRIDECETH-6, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, CHLORPHENESIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)

I have nothing bad to say about this product. It is kind of a godsend? I want to try out other primers to compare but I am very happy with this and would wholeheartedly recommend it to any oily skinned ladies/gents. My only word of caution is if your skin is prone to dryness, this will make your skin feel tight. But it is a silly word of caution as dry skinned ladies/gents shouldn't be investing in this type of product.

OVERALL:
I am in love with this and don't want to let it go. It has an immediate effect, controls oil, sinks in the skin beautifully, and makes any makeup base last longer than normal. If you have oily skin it is an absolute must try. If you have dry skin avoid this as it will zap your skin, but I hope that goes without saying. I bought mine from Amazon for around 26 USD. I believe Canadian and European consumers will be able to find this in stores. Us Americans and other regions have to settle with searching on Amazon or other sources.

What are your favorite primers? I am curious about Hourglass Mineral Veil and perhaps even more curious about Becca Poreless Priming Perfector. The Becca primer almost made it into my cart for the Sephora VIB sale but I skipped out on that this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment