Tuesday, August 27, 2013

skincare switch-up take II

After finishing up a few bits of skincare it is only logical that I replace what has gone, yes? I did a post like this before where I gloss over the new skincare in my routine. Not quite reviews, more like introductions to the new lineup and preliminary thoughts. I think I am going to make this a regular series since they are fun to write and I am finding skincare to be just as enjoyable as makeup to reflect on.

DSC_0141

If you are a dedicated reader of mine you know I need an oil cleanser at all times. Currently I am using the Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil. So far I think I like this best out of all the brands I have tried (Bosica, MAC). It is thinner and requires less product to get the job done.

The Indian Healing Clay has got to be the most bizarre skincare item I own to date. I mix a bit with apple cider vinegar, apply all over the face and feel the strangest pulsating sensation as it dries. It's a bit like your skin being mummified. I think I will do a full review on this after I test it out a few more times.

After finishing up my Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk I needed a new gentle cleanser. I randomly picked up this Garnier Radiance Renewer Cleansing Gelee at my local drugstore because 1. it was on sale for cheap (around $5 USD) 2. I'm a sucker for wording. Doesn't a Cleansing Gelee sound neat? Not for the natural product junkies, I'm afraid, since the ingredients has sulfates and alcohol perfumes. I am not loyal to that lifestyle so I feel no shame in saying I really enjoy this so far.

I WAS using Neostrata Toning Solution Level 1 as my toner but I seem to have misplaced it. To take its place until the lost is found is Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. This packs quite a punch! I thought it would be quite mild but I definitely detect a soft prickling sensation. Nothing uncomfortable though. I actually was relieved to feel the acid in this since it had so little ingredients to begin with.

Finally we have Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser which has fitted into the slot as my thorough cleanser. I haven't tried it out yet but I must say I am the most excited about this item above all others. Here's to half hoping I don't fall in love with it as it costs a pretty penny.

So my readers, any new skincare bits you have added to your routine that you are excited about? Rejoice in the new skincare glory with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment