Friday, August 16, 2013

008 items used up

Time for another installment of items I've used up. Sadly no makeup used up this time but a nice handful of skincare kicked the bucket which means new products to replace them is expected. New skincare is just as exciting as new makeup to me so I consider this a win-win situation.

SKIN/BODY
DSC_0144

CARESS PASSIONATE SPELL BODY WASH
I've mentioned a few times in my blog already how much I enjoy Caress's body washes. They are cheap, lather well, and don't make my body feel grimy or too squeaky. This particular version has a very neat aroma; kind of a mixture of jasmine, sweet fruit, and spice. I don't think the scent would be for everyone (my sister doesn't care for it) but I quite enjoyed it. I would repurchase but only in the winter because the scent reminds me of cold weather.

CLARINS GENTLE FOAMING CLEANSER WITH COTTONSEED
This cleanser is kick ass. I was sad to see it gone. It foams up richly with little product, really cleans the skin thoroughly without stripping or being harsh, smells pleasant, and it lasted me over 10 months! I think it is really worth trying, especially since it costs only $22 USD making the price per usage really decent. Make sure to cut open the tube once you get towards the end, I was able to get an additional 2 months more out of it by doing so. Definitely would repurchase, but I'm going to try out other cleansers first.

LUSH TEA TREE TONER
Another item I'm sad to see gone. Mists nicely, smells and feels refreshing, kept my skin feeling less congested. Does Lush count this container as part of their recycle program?

BOSCIA MAKEUP BREAKUP CLEANSING OIL
I liked this better than MAC's version but I think I prefer my current cleansing oil that replaced this more. Stay tuned for what I'm currently using in a future post.

THE BODY SHOP MANGO BODY BUTTER SAMPLE
I think the only scent that is worth getting from the Body Shop is Satsuma. Mango didn't sit well with me. At first the scent smells lush and ripe like real mango. But after a few minutes it smells funky and fake. I'll stick to Satsuma.

URBAN DECAY DE-SLICK
I'm not sure this really made a difference in controlling oil during my oiliest states. I saw a change during the winter, but during that time I don't need as much help in controlling oil. I would consider trying out All-Nighter instead. Or perhaps I'll just directly try something from Skindinavia itself.

HAIR
DSC_0147

REDKEN EXTREME BUILDER PLUS
A deep conditioning treatment. Smells like chemicals, didn't work too extremely. I used it up but didn't have strong feelings towards it.

HERBAL ESSENCE SHINE COLLECTION SHAMPOO
Ahh I missed the old Herbal Essence scents and packaging so nostalgia definitely controlled this purchase. And it has no sulfates. Smells nice, cleans like a standard shampoo. Perhaps if I get hit with nostalgia again I'll repurchase but I have no loyalty towards it (or any haircare item for that matter).

HERBAL ESSENCE SMOOTHING COLLECTION CONDITIONER
Bought it for the same reason as the shampoo but this was not rich enough nor hydrating enough for my coarse, dry hair. Won't repurchase, not even for old times sake.

SUAVE HEAT PROTECTANT
I believe this is my third or second bottle. Cheap, works, and sprays evenly. I'm bored of it though so I think I'll try another brand for my next bottle.

L'OREAL EVERCREME INTENSE NOURISHING CONDITIONER
I saw this range made quite the rounds in popular blogs recently. This is ok. I hate the packaging because you get little product and end up having to cut open the bottle to get your money's worth. I also think the scent is just too cloying. It sticks around FOREVER, which normally I wouldn't mind but after time it gets sickly sweet. It does hydrates pretty well though. I wish the scent was different and that the bottles were designed differently/bigger.

That's it for this round! What is your favorite sulfate free haircare? I have tried almost everything in the drugstore and nothing has really made a difference or huge impression on me. My hair is naturally curly, coarse, and dry. I'd love to hear hydrating recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment