Wednesday, July 17, 2013

the clean up crew

Makeup removal, it feels almost as good as it does putting ON the makeup. At least to me anyway. At the end of the day I love the feeling of freshly cleaned skin prepped and ready for bed. So what products do I use to get to that point? Let's see what I can pull out of my bathroom cabinet...

DSC_9665

First step is eye makeup removal. I have two options: Bioderma and Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. Bioderma is definitely the milder, cleaner feeling of the two being that it essentially feels like water. Initially I wasn't too impressed with this cult item since I had to work harder in my removal (I wear quite a lot of smudgey kohl liner and mascara) but after using it for a few months I'll admit my admiration although I don't think it is the best at removal. It works best soaked on a cotton round and held upon the eye for a few seconds before gently wiping off. If I am wearing a heavier eye or anything with pigments or glitter, I turn to Neutrogena's version. It is tougher and requires less effort (no waiting, not as much wiping) however I think the "oil-free" claim is misleading. It definitely leaves a slight sheen to the skin compared to the Bioderma. This isn't something that bothers me since I remove eye makeup first and then follow up with cleaning my face so it eventually goes down the drain anyway.

For cleaning off my face makeup I turn to oil cleansers since I am a believer in double cleansing and find they do the best job at removing every stubborn trace of residue. I have maybe two more uses of my Boscia MakeUp BreakUp Cleansing Oil left and I would recommend it. It smells and feels pleasant and removes efficiently. Already ready to take its place is the Shu Uemura Pore Clarifying Cleansing Oil which has a much thinner viscosity than its Boscia rival. I have only used it a couple times so I can't tell which I like more yet. More details to come with use, I'm sure.

What do you use for makeup removal? I am curious to know if a majority of my readers use wipes. As long as I have been wearing makeup I have never used wipes! They always seemed unsanitary and not as thorough to me so I never bothered. I do understand the convenience appeal though.

No comments:

Post a Comment