Thursday, May 9, 2013

review: becca shimmering skin perfector in moonstone

BeccaShimmeringSkinPerfecterMoonstone

I think by now every beauty blogger alive has heard of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors. It currently comes in four shades varying from white pearl to golden bronze. I was always interested in picking up a shade but I couldn't quite decide which shade to choose. Should I have gone for the angelic Pearl or the amber Opal? Luckily for me, Becca came out with a shade that was in-between the two and the better match for my yellow toned skin: Moonstone. I had the chance to swatch all of the shades in person while visiting New York last September and Moonstone had a resounding effect so in the bag it went.

BeccaMoonstone

The texture is quite beautiful; light and non-greasy. You don't need much product to give the desire effect which should come as a relief since it costs $41 USD. I doubt anyone would get through the entire bottle quickly. I love how the product can be used alone atop the highest points of the face or it can be used as a mixing medium. I have found it works beautifully when mixed with the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and, perhaps best, with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr Foundation. Both of these products were too matte and full coverage for my taste. Paired with Moonstone things got a bit more, if not downright, bearable.

SWATCHES
BeccaMoonstoneBalmMaryLou
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: BECCA MOONSTONE, theBALM MARY LOU-MANIZER

I have a soft spot for highlighters that impart a golden sheen. If you are the same, you will love Moonstone. It is quite subtle, my swatches are heavy for the purpose of being able to capture its beauty on film. It is probably the most natural highlighter I own besides MAC Lightscapade. If you prefer subtle but noticeable highlighters, I definitely recommend you check it out. It is available at Sephora, Dermstore, and the official Becca website, just to name a few sources.

I apologize for not showing this product in action on my actual face. I find that it is not captured with justice in photographs. It is something that gives that, to use an over-used phrased, 'lit from within' look. I urge you to check it out in person and to mix it into your base yourself to experience its wonderful properties.

INGREDIENTS:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica

What do you think of the Becca Skin Perfectors? Do you own any of the shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment