Wednesday, April 17, 2013

in with the new: a skincare switch up

While I'd like to say my skincare routine is relatively simple, I think I'd be clutching at straws with that claim. Actually I'm fairly certain my ritual involves more products than the average person. Regardless, skincare is something I revel in so I don't mind it one bit. I have a structure to my madness at least. Well with a few of my skincare items done and gone it seems reasonable that I had to replace them, yes?

DSC_9222

I like to have three types of cleansers on hand. An oil cleanser to melt off face makeup, a clarifying cleanser for at night and to use with my Clarasonic, and a gentle usually non-foaming cleanser in the morning to rinse off the nighttime grime. Replacing my previous gentle cleanser is Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk. I have been using this for a couple weeks and so far I like it. It is gentle but I actually feel like it has kept my skin clearer and less congested. It has quite a funky scent though!

At night after applying toner, I like to use a treatment of some type to work its magic while I sleep. Since I finished up the Ole Henriksen serum, the Murad T-zone Pore Refining Gel has taken its place. Quite the curious product. It smells like tart berries and has a thin gel texture. Too early to say if it is doing anything but I'll be sure to keep you updated. I have been rotating between Origins Charcoal and REN Glycol Lactic Radiance masks but to add to the party I threw in Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask too. I have only used this once but it was pretty intense. It looks and smells like a creamy mint toothpaste and the tingle is pretty strong, which I actually don't mind. If you have sensitive skin I would steer clear though.

What is in your skincare lineup right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment