Thursday, April 19, 2012

sephora sale picks

recently sephora had a 15% off your purchase sale so of course i had to take advantage. i thought i would share my picks.

DSC_6593

CHANEL CHANCE EAU FRAICHE
i tend to pick up a fragrance whenever sephora has a sale since it is very rare perfumes ever get a discount. i have been eying this scent for some time ever since my sister brought home a sample. it is a very invigorating scent and not at all heavy. to me it first opens citrusy with a hint of floral. as it dries down during the day on my skin it blossoms into a more jasmine with a slight musk scent. i love it. it isnt long lasting unfortunately. it lingers away from me around the 4 to 5 hour mark. but it makes for a great day scent, i highly recommend it.

MINI FRESH SUGAR BALMS
these were free as my birthday was this past sunday. if you are a beauty insider or VIB at sephora you get a free gift around your birthday. these are nice. i doubt i would ever purchase the full size as the price is outrageous for just a lip balm. regardless i will enjoy using the samples up.

LAURA MERCIER SECRET CAMOUFLAGE CONCEALER
i figured it was time for me to try this cult product out. im pretty sure this is going to last me forever. the texture is so different than what i expected! i expected a soft creamy consistency but in reality this is hard and waxy. im not complaining but it did surprise me. this blends into the skin nicely and covers well. i have been using it for redness and blemishes. for application i use a synthetic concealer brush by revlon. i find finger application isnt as great as with a brush.

KOH GEN DO CLEANSING WATER
this was in the checking out section of minis that sephora always has. that section always gets me! i am curious about this brand and i saw it in the check out so i decided to try it out. i am guessing this is along the same idea as bioderma, which i have not tried. this feels exactly like water so there is no oiliness or separation. ive used it a few times soaked on a cotton round and so far it is nothing special. it burns my eyes slightly and doesnt remove very thoroughly. i dont recommend it.

DIORSKIN SCULPT CONCEALER
i am a novice when it comes to any type of under eye concealer. so far i have only tried maybelline age rewind concealer which i wasnt impressed with because the coverage wasn't great. i have heard great things about this concealer so i picked it up in shade 1. so far i am not sure. it tends to crease on me and exaggerate (i thought nonexistent) fine lines under my eyes. perhaps it is my application and how much i use? i will play around with it more and see.

DIOR ADDICT EXTREME in INCOGNITO
my first dior lip product. i really like the feel of this and the finish. the extreme line is slightly more pigmented than the regular addict line. the shade is a slightly rosy beige. i want to try out another shade as i am unsure if this is flattering on me or not.

NARS dolce vita lipstick vs DIOR ingognito addict extreme
dolcevitavsdiordolce vita is definitely rosier and sheerer. of the two i prefer dolce vita just because it is my favorite lipstick EVER and it looks more...fleshy? hmm, not the best choice of words. if you want to see what dolce vita looks like on me, check out my post HERE.

WEARING INCOGNITO
DSC_6670
for some reason this shade pulls a bit brown on me. i am on the fence if i enjoy this shade or not. some days i like the way it looks others i think it is too brown. what do you guys think of it?

SN: i also tried on (and almost bought) dior's addict ultra gloss in black tie plum. i am regretting not picking it up as it is a gorgeous shade. i am thinking i will pick it up soon or i will wait until the sephora friends and family sale this fall, as it is is a more fall appropriate lip. black tie plum is also available in the addict extreme lipstick line but i didnt try it out.

WEARING BLACK TIE PLUM
photo(1)
this is a very light layer. the color is so rich you dont need much for payoff. i imagine i would enjoy wearing it sheer as well as full impact depending on my mood.

photo

OJON DAMAGE REVERSE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
this i just picked up today, not during the sale, but i thought i would mention it as i bought it from sephora. i just finished my shampoo and conditioner (products ive used up post coming soon!) so i was in the market for something new. i have no HG products when it comes to hair care so i am constantly experimenting with different brands. i chose the damage reverse line as it promises to revive dry over processed hair which my hair definitely is. will keep you guys posted on my thoughts. and that's all! what did you guys pick up from the sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment