Sunday, February 19, 2012

002 items used up

it's that time again, items i've used up. one of my favorite posts to read on other blogs and one of the most satisfying posts for me to write up.

SKINCARE
DSC_6420

CERAVE LOTION
HG lotion for me. i have been using this for years, ever since i was recommended it by my dermatologist when i was on Accutane in high school (i was also recommended to try cetaphil, not a fan. too greasy!) non-scented, non-greasy, absorbs very quickly, keeps my skin soft and moisturized. i always stock up on these when i see a sale. you can find this in most drugstores. sometimes i think i should try something new but i am completely satisfied with this product so i dont feel the need to venture off. why fix what isn't broken, right?

NEUTROGENA MAKEUP REMOVER
i really like this and have repurchased this many times. doesn't burn my eyes, no oily residue, completely removes every trace of the loads of mascara i put on when used with a cotton round. i would repurchase this but i want to try other choices to see if this is the best as i am curious. i have my eyes on either sonia kashuk or boots. you can find a two pack of this at target for the same price as one! discovered that recently in the store so if you like this, check out your target.

BIORE PORE UNCLOGGING SCRUB
this was medicore at best. i have decided i hate face washes with large random beads in it as no matter how thoroughly i rinse my face there is always a few leftover hiding in my hairline, neck, etc. annoying. besides that fact, this facial wash did not do much for me. it didn't cause any adverse reactions with my skin but i saw no unclogging or positive results. will not repurchase. need another la roche posay effaclar cleanser! i loved that cleanser. or maybe i will dabble in some sort of gel cleanser from dermalogica as i hear good things about the brand.

THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN E INTENSE MOISTURE CREAM
i feel like i finished this very quickly. i hated the scent of this. must be the vit E scent? i applied this only at night as it is a bit heavy. i found it a bit greasy and in the morning when i wake up i feel like i have a thin layer of film on my face. it did seem to help when i had my bout of dry skin a month or so back but i will not repurchase this as i really hated the scent and i think there are better options to choose from other than this. glad i got this half off.

HAIR/BODY
DSC_6418

ORGANIX COCONUT MILK CONDITIONER
wonderful creamy coconut scent but that is where the fun ends. this was very drying on my hair. shame because the scent is so lovely. unfortunately i have a couple bottles of this to use up as it was on sale but i am thinking about giving them to my younger sister because i cant stand how dry this makes my hair!

BBW BROWN SUGAR AND FIG & BLACK RASPBERRY VANILLA
i go through body lotion like crazy as i apply it all over after i shower. i usually turn to BBW as i like the scents best. i do feel like they take too long to absorb but the scent options they have are so great. the scent also lasts for a long time and transfers to my bedding so it always smells good. brown sugar and fig is alright, at times i think it smells slightly like play doh on me so i won't repurchase. black raspberry vanilla is my favorite scent from BBW so i will always repurchase. i actually like the body shop body butters best but the only scent i really care for is satsuma and i find i am only in the mood for that scent in the summer.

CARESS EVENLY GORGEOUS BODY WASH
my favorite drugstore body wash. i wont repurchase immediately since i am trying to use up some other body washes i have in stock but i will always repurchase as i love the caramelized sugar scent and it doesnt dry out my skin or give me that super "squeaky clean" feeling, which by the way, i hate and think is very harsh on the skin. i like being clean without the squeak.

MAKEUP
DSC_6422

not much, like always but i am pretty proud of what i HAVE used up as i think foundations are tough to finish.

MAYBELLINE DREAM SMOOTH MOUSSE FOUNDATION
i can't recommend this product. especially for oily skinned ladies. dry skinned ladies might have better luck but this had a very short lasting power and was very horrible at oil control. i liked the satin finish and the coverage was so great as it covered the overall texture of my skin wonderfully but i got super oily in only a couple hours, had to blot constantly all day, and by the end of the night it separates and breaks down on my face. no bueno.

REVLON PHOTOREADY FOUNDATION
again, i can't recommend this foundation. it might just be because i did not have the right color match (too light) but this washed me out even when i added bronzer and i quite honestly don't think this photographs well on me. oil control and lasting power are much better with this product. finish is nice and i didnt notice any crazy sparkles on me. will not repurchase as i am pretty much giving up on drugstore foundations since my skin is so finicky.

LOREAL LINEUR INTENSE CARBON BLACK
i love this eyeliner. i find liquid liner to be much faster and easier than gel liner. it is super black, not too shiny, and has pretty decent lasting power. i see only slight fading in the inner corners of my eye by the end of a work day. i would repurchase but as of right now i want to explore other brands.


what have you finished lately? until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment